Friday 10 February 2012

Cake Pops

I made cake pops!


In all honesty, I'm surprised at how easy it was and how well they turned out. I've had some baking disasters recently, so I wasn't holding my breath!

I used a my standard victoria sponge recipe and then followed the cake pop instructions from Elsie's blog. For the frosting that gets mixed into the broken up cake, I used one 200g pack of light cream cheese and added icing sugar until I got it to the consistency that looked right! It was a rather pleasant feeling, smushing it all together...

The candy melts were from Hobbycraft for £2.99. I chose white because I wanted to decorate with pretty things, but they have a vast array of colours to choose from. You will need a whole bag for this and I recommend letting it cool a little after it comes out of the microwave, so that your cake pops don't fall off! I also bought the sticks in Hobbycraft for around £3 for a pack of 20. The mixture made around 30 cake pops, so I have a few left over and some that didn't quite make it!

They dry very quickly which was great, as I had visions of melted candy dripping EVERYWHERE, but I stuck them in a block of that flower arranging, oasis stuff, which I also managed to pick up from Hobbycraft for just over £1.

Currently storing mine in the fridge, ready for a party on Saturday. Due to the candy coating, word on the interweb was that this would keep them fresh. Lots also recommend tying them in food bags or freezing them before putting the coating on.

Looking forward to setting them up at the party and seeing what people think!

Miss x

1 comment:

  1. your blog is wonderful, please keep it coming, I cant wait to see more :) xxx

    ReplyDelete