I've seen a couple of different apple cupcake recipes but the majority of them were American recipes and I've had some interesting experiences with their measurements! So I thought I'd try to create my own. In all honesty, I think these may have been the best cupcakes I've ever made! My friends certainly enjoyed gobbling them down :)
125g caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tin bramley apple filling
1 tin Carnation Caramel (Dulce de Leche)
1 packet of crumble topping
There are lots of shortcuts in the recipe, such as the cumble topping and the caramel, where things could be made from scratch. But I was feeling lazy and this was cheap and worked rather well!
1. Cream together the butter and sugar
2. Whisk in the flour and eggs
3. Add the cinnamon
4. Add the apple filling and stir in
5. Dollop into cupcake cases until they're 2/3 full
6. Bake at 180C for 15-10mins until golden brown. You should be able to poke them with a knife/fork and for it to come out clean
7. Leave to cool on a baking rack
The topping is even easier!
1. Sprinkle half of the packet of the crumble topping onto a baking tray
2. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for a couple of minutes - KEEP AN EYE ON IT! It can be quick to burn!Should come out looking golden :)
3. Spoon a dollop of caramel onto each cupcake
4. Add a sprinkle of crumble
The result should be a ridiculously moist cinnamon sponge and a crunchy caramel topping :) Enjoy with a pot of tea!